This delicious vegan crumb cake with fresh peaches is easy to make and perfect for the summer! You can even sub the peaches for pretty much any fruit!
What I love about this cake is:
- it’s super versatile. You can use pretty much any fruit – I’ve made this cake with blueberries, rhubarb, plums, and pears and they all turned out amazing.
- it’s crunchy. it’s soft. it’s heaven. the streusel/crumbs add such a nice crunchy texture to the soft cake and it makes it look so fancy although it’s really easy to make.
- it’s super quick. 15 minutes of mixing together the batter and making the crumbs, 25 minutes of baking. cake ready.
How to make Vegan Peach Crumb Cake
You will need:
- all-purpose flour
- white sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- coconut oil
- apple cider vinegar
- plant-based milk
- vegan butter
The basic steps
More vegan cake recipes you will enjoy
- Plum Cinnamon Streusel Cake
- Carrot Cake Blondies with chocolate chips
- Rhubarb Crumble Cake
- Chocolate Lovers Cake
- Summer Strawberry Cake
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you will enjoy this vegan peach crumb cake as much as I did! Let me know if you give it a try!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if it is worth a try!
Vegan Peach Crumb Cake
- 3 peaches
Ingredients for the batter
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil melted
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk (oat milk)
Ingredients for the crumb layer
- 1/3 cup cold vegan butter (EarthBalance, Alsan,…)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
Wash the peaches, half them, remove the pit, and cut into slices.
Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
For the batter: In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk. Add the oil, apple cider vinegar, and plant-based milk. Whisk again until it’s a smooth batter.
For the crumb layer: Put the cold butter, all-purpose flour, and sugar in a bowl, mix and knead with your hands until crumbly.
Place parchment paper into the baking pan. Pour in the cake batter, place the peach slices on the cake batter and press them down a bit. Sprinkle the crumbs on top.
Bake the cake in the oven for about about 25 minutes. When the crumble is nice and golden, your cake should be ready.