This Tofu & Rice Noodle Bowl with Peanut Sauce is the perfect meal for hot summer days. It’s easy and quick to make and highly customizable.
I’m absolutely obsessed with this Tofu & Rice Noodle Bowl with Peanut Sauce. During the last couple of days, I’ve been craving cold (or at least semi-cold) meals, so this is the perfect hot-summer-day-food for me.
What I love about this dish:
- It’s SO easy. Boil the rice noodles. Cook the tofu until crispy. Cut up the veggies. Mix the peanut sauce. Add everything together. And dig in!
- This bowl is super versatile, not only can you add different veggies (steamed broccoli, edamame), you can also swap out the protein source (tempeh, soy chunks or seitan instead of the tofu).
- It’s so well balanced. It has protein (tofu), it has carbs (rice noodles), it has fat (avocado, peanut butter).
- It’s SO fast! You only need to boil the rice noodles and cook the tofu; the rest is just cutting veggies and whisking together the sauce.
Did I make this rice noodle bowl 3 times in the last week? Yes. Yes, I did. Do I regret it? No. Not all. Will I make it again tomorrow? Probably! I still do have leftover ingredients so I would be stupid not to.
More Vegan Bowl Recipes
- Taco Bowl Salad with ‘Walnut Meat’
- Teriyaki Jackfruit Sushi Bowl
- BBQ Couscous Bowl with Tofu
- Sushi Bowl
- Green Power Bowl
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy this Tofu & Rice Noodle Bowl with peanut sauce as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try!
Tofu & Rice Noodle Bowl with Peanut Sauce
- 4.4 oz flat rice noodles
- 14 oz firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons plant-based oil
- 1 carrot peeled into ribbons
- 1/4 cucumber halved and cut into slices
- 1 avocado halved and sliced
Ingredients for the peanut sauce
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons roasted & salted peanuts chopped
- black sesame seeds
- fresh cilantro
Boil the rice noodles in water until soft. Then rinse them with cold water, drain them and set aside.
In a large pan on high heat, add the oil for the tofu. Cut the tofu in cubes and add them to the pan. Add a splash of soy sauce and stir to get the tofu coated. Let the tofu pan-fry for about 4 minutes on each side or until it gets golden and crispy.
For the peanut sauce, whisk together the peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce and water until smooth. You can add more water to thin it out or more peanut butter to thicken it up.
Add the rice noodles, veggies, crispy tofu, avocado to a bowl, drizzle with the peanut sauce, top with peanuts, black sesame seeds, cilantro and add a lime!